Do you agree with integrity, trust, and results being at the forefront of your work values? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
We are recruiting for an outstanding Senior Tax Accountant to join a successful, well-established tax accounting firm in Downtown Denver, Colorado.
This new team member will be driven, goal-oriented, and a natural problem solver.
Here’s what you will do:
- Prepare and/or review federal and state tax returns for a broad range of businesses, estates, individuals, non-profits and trusts
- Recommend strategies by researching, interpreting, and implementing tax laws
- Work with clients to resolve complicated tax issues as well as advise clients on general tax preparation and planning
- Ensure the confidentiality of each client by following all company procedures regarding information handling
- Grow the business by promoting our services and expanding our client base
- Be responsible for department policies, procedures, scheduling, meeting deadlines, etc.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex income tax clients
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
Here’s what you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting
- CPA (or working toward a CPA)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience using QuickBooks and/or Xero accounting software
- Experience working with tax clients in the gas/oil industry a plus
- Experience using CCH Axcess and Engagement Software a plus
More about this position:
DJJCPA, LLC has been a respected Colorado-based innovative CPA and consulting firm since 1994, specializing in providing tax preparation and tax planning, audit and accounting services, cash management, business succession planning and advisory services to businesses and high net worth individuals. It’s a great place to work with a friendly leadership team that believes very deeply in their core values, people, and work/life balance.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including: health, dental, vision insurance, vacation, personal time, paid holidays, comp time bank (for extra hours worked during the busier seasons), up to 50% reimbursement for CPA courses, IRA matching, and flexible/health spending accounts. We also provide a beautiful office with amazing views of the city and a very warm family/team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Denver, CO
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, professional development assistance, and a tuition discount at CSU-Global
- Great opportunity for leadership promotion
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Competitive -- growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, strong processes